Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chile, Central Valley, Sun Rise, Sauvignon Blanc, 2008

Name: Sunrise

Country: Chile

Grape(s): Sauvignon Blanc

Vintage: 2008

Colour: clear crispy lemon colour…..

Smell: A real clean fresh scent, which is light and airy. You get an instant hit of citrus flavours – lemon and grapefruit were my first thoughts. This developed into aromas of nettles, pineapple and gooseberries. But there is another level to this and I could pick up hints of black pepper.

Taste: Very dry and quite acidic. The flavour was more on the light side and was very much a citrus taste. Lemons and grapefruit were very pronounced and then hints of gooseberries.

Conclusion: A good wine.

WINEDEX: 6 out of 10.

Final Comments: Unless you really really enjoy the citrus sharp flavours then I think you are on to a winner with this one. It had all the classic signs of a young Sauvignon Blanc. What you smelt is what you tasted however, I didn’t taste any pepperiness which I picked up on when I was smelling it. I would highly recommend that you drunk this ice cold as I felt that has the bottle warmed up the flavour became a bit denser and the citrus flavour was not so entertaining anymore.

No comments: